Bitten by the travel bug as a preschooler when her family moved abroad for the first time, Sage Scott is addicted to travel. From her nomadic upbringing in a military family to her personal and professional travels as an adult, Sage has visited all 50 states, lived abroad twice, and explored nearly 30 countries.
Now settled in America’s Heartland, Sage writes with a midlife traveler’s perspective from Kansas City — the Midwestern cowtown affectionately called Paris of the Plains and the undisputed Barbecue Capital of the World — and is always in search of new experiences and photo opportunities, whether in her hometown or halfway around the world.
Sage Has Been Featured On
Recently Published Articles
- Gifts for People with Allergies: 20 Alpha-Gal Friendly IdeasNeed a gift for a friend, family member, or another loved one living with alpha-gal syndrome? Here are some great gifts for people with allergies. The information provided on this site is based on my personal experience living with alpha-gal… Read more »
- The Truth About Alpha-Gal and Chocolate: Is It Safe to Eat?Being diagnosed with alpha-gal syndrome changes your entire relationship with food, including your dessert options. Here’s what you need to know about alpha-gal and chocolate. The information provided on this site is based on my personal experience living with alpha-gal… Read more »
- Best Milk Alternative for Alpha-Gal SyndromeWhile many people living with alpha-gal syndrome don’t feel adverse reactions after consuming cow’s milk and dairy products, their alpha-gal blood test results may still show a heightened sensitivity. If you want to replace traditional dairy in your diet, read… Read more »
- What is Carrageenan (And Why Should Alpha Gals Avoid It)?People living with alpha-gal syndrome know to avoid animal products like beef, pork, lamb, and bison. But did you know that a specific plant also contains the alpha-gal epitope that can cause a reaction in some people with alpha-gal syndrome?… Read more »
- Animals That Eat Ticks: An Alpha Gal’s New Best FriendsTicks may be small, but they carry diseases that can cause big health problems. Practice natural tick control by welcoming these animals that eat ticks into your yard, parks, and community. Ticks are nasty little buggers! In addition to alpha-gal… Read more »
- 14 Fun Facts About Trabant Cars, Icons of the Cold WarLike the Ford Model T or the Volkswagen Beetle, the Trabant (or Trabi) was the communist bloc’s version of a “people’s car.” Although it aspired to be affordable and practical for the masses to own, the Trabant often missed the… Read more »
- 7 Fun Facts About the National Mall in Washington DCThe National Mall is a large, tree-lined green space that connects the US Capitol and Lincoln Monument before ending at the Potomac River. Here are 7 fun facts about the National Mall in Washington DC. As a kid living in… Read more »
- 10 Fascinating Milwaukee Facts (That Will Make You Want to Visit Right Now)I immediately fell in love with this thriving metropolis on the western shore of Lake Michigan. Here are 10 fascinating Milwaukee facts that will make you want to visit Wisconsin’s biggest city right now! Have You Visited Milwaukee, Wisconsin? Share… Read more »
- How Meeting NFL Legend Bobby Bell Inspired Me to Learn More About Black HistoryAs the descendant of German Americans who immigrated to the Midwest in the late 1800s, I have benefited from generations of hard work and their pursuit of the American dream. As the daughter of amazingly open-minded, progressive parents, I was… Read more »
- 10 Fun Facts About Glass Sculpture Artist Dale ChihulyDale Chihuly is world renowned for incorporating his glass sculpture art into a variety of indoor and outdoor environments. He’s hung his unique chandelier sculptures over piazzas in Venice and floated colorful glass orbs in the garden fountains outside the… Read more »
- 12 Washington Monument Facts That Will Surprise YouClosed for several years due to ongoing issues with its electric elevator, the Washington Monument reopened to the public in September 2019. Before you you ride the brand-new elevator to the pointed top for the best view in the nation’s… Read more »